One must admit, once someone gets to sit on a swivel recliner chair, there is no turning back. In a manner of speaking, a chair’s main purpose is to provide comfort, but bluntly speaking, static chairs can often add to the discomfort.
Some chairs do work much better than others. One of the best-loved types is the swivel recliner chair. After all, not only does it recline, but it also swivels, which is often a welcome bonus. Anyone looking for comfortable seats should try out swivel recliners. There could be a nice experience that can be gleaned from it.
Related Article: How to Choose the Best Swivel Recliner Chairs
Why prefer a swivel recliner chair? These are several reasons to consider:
- Swivel recliner chairs are known to support bodies quite firmly, particularly the lower back. Recliners are generally designed to contour to bodies when seated, which is not how static chairs are built.
- It can fit almost all sizes, holding up to approximately 600 pounds.
- It usually does not take much space and is inexpensive.
- It often comes with a footstool that allows feet elevation in a more relaxing position. Other chairs have none and can be rather uncomfortable if used with a stool.
- It can reduce repetitive strain injury (RSI) and assist movement:
“Repetitive strain injury (RSI) is a general term used to describe the pain felt in muscles, nerves, and tendons caused by repetitive movement and overuse. It’s also known as work-related upper limb disorder, or non-specific upper limb pain.” (NHS.uk)
- The chair’s armrests make movement and prolonged sitting easier for better comfort.
- One of its very best features is its ability to swivel around, up to a 360-degree turn, and wheel in any direction. Less stress and strain for the user, and more productivity in a shorter amount of time.
- There are recliners that have button-operated built-in heat or massage options to recharge and reinvigorate.
- It reduces back pain.
These are certainly worth considering. They may be only several of more reasons to explain why swivel recliners could be the best option.
Different Features and Styles of Swivel Recliner Chairs
Another reason to choose a swivel recliner is it comes in different styles and has several features. Anyone looking to purchase the best swivel recliner chair should know that these chairs don’t all appear the same. They come in various aesthetic designs and structures which should be carefully given thought of before any purchase is made. Swivel recliners have these features and styles:
- As the term implies, it can recline, which is a must for those searching for comfortable seats. It is adjustable to the body. Angle positions should depend on the user. There are adjustments for this purpose. Some swivel recliner backrests are engineered to slide back whenever the user sits up straight again.
- It swivels up to 360 degrees, allowing the user to turn to any direction. Swivel chairs with wheels add mobility and could be perfect for office settings.
- Its frame may be made of steel or plastic.
- Cushioned seats provide a more relaxing experience. Cushioning and padding results in a contoured seat that reduces the feeling of discomfort due to fatigue, stress and prolonged sitting.
- Elegant upholstery finishes also do wonders, adding softness and support. They add style, enhancing the home or office décor. What’s more, they help make chairs more durable especially against fade and tear. The most common upholstery materials used are faux leather and fabric. Actual leather is possible, but these are the alternatives:
“An extremely fine synthetic fiber that can be woven or knit into textiles with the texture and drape of natural-fiber cloth but with enhanced washability, breathability, and water repellency.”
Bicast or Polyurethane (PU) leather –
“Polyurethane (PU) is a composite material made of one or more layers of PU and a woven or non-woven textile backing such as bi-cast or ground leather. This fabric provides the most realistic imitation of leather…”
Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
“…essentially a flexible plastic made from PVC resin, various fillers, and additives…to manipulate its softness, color and texture…PVC is used to coat one side of a knit or woven fabric backing and sometimes a center layer of foam.”
6. The base may be any of the following: five-leg or star-style, ring, glider ring, or rocker.
7. The base may be made of wood (e.g. oak, mahogany) or metal (e.g. chrome/chromium, aluminum), or may be upholstered.
8. There are modern, contemporary and traditional designs for swivel recliners.
9. Other features include armrests, back support, built-in heat and/or massage options.
There are so many good reasons to consider picking up a swivel recliner. Not only does it give you a comfy place to rest, but also helps to relieve the pain in your neck by supporting the back of your neck. It’s a good investment for comfort as well as a great addition to your existing decor.